Thursday, December 16, 2010

More of the white stuff....

We had more snow overnight which put a damper on my original plans to go out.  Thankfully my loving husband didnt mind staying home and a)letting me sleep and b) driving to lakeville.  I think the idea of breakfast at Cracker Barrel helped seal the deal.  It was delicious.  Toby needed a kennel.  He has so far been pretty good except last night he walked up to his dog bed and preceeded to pee all over it.  Thankfully he missed the carpet, but he kind of ensured himself a place on the bed.  I am sure he wont be nuts about the kennel but this woman needs some sleep. 
Today is the holiday concert at Ulriks school.  They are nice enough to do it twice.  I was going to go this afternoon at 2pm and they were already parked out on the road in front of the school.  Much to Annikas dissapointment I turned the truck around and came back home.  Little Man will probably come home in tears that I wasnt there but to carry Annika on one arm and Piper in the infant seat almost 3 blocks in the snow I saved myself from being beached in a snowbank when my back went out.  I am going to make sure we leave the house by 5:45 and sit there and wait for a half hour so that I get parking!
I was hoping to finish christmas shopping tomorrow, but I think that plan has been shot in the foot since it snowed again.  I have lived here my whole life and hate driving in it more and more each year.  Maybe its the precious cargo I carry or the migraines that ensue after a distance.  Thankfully Thomas will drive tonight.
I hope everyone had a good day and stays safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment