Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy Anniversary!




Yes that really is Mt. Rushmore!


Well 14 years ago I stood in front of family and friends and the head honcho upstairs and married this guy with a southern drawl, red hair and tattoos.  In redneck fashion we had us a shotgun wedding, with the knowledge that the little one inside me would be appearing in less then 6 weeks. We had originally planned on waiting until August of 1999 to get married and have the big party and wear the fancy clothes.  I woke up right after Thanksgiving in 1998 and had a feeling come over me that told me we needed to get married sooner then later.  I think back now this was probably Zachary chiming in.  So we looked at a calendar got days off work and had things planned, plotted and invitations in the mail in less then a week.  We looked through the closet found some dress clothes and we were ready. We picked a day that neither of us can forget the date.  Thomas can never use that excuse,
1-9-99, pretty damn easy!!! 
Our lives forever changed the day we said "I do."  Little did we know how much our lives were going to change in less then 4 weeks after that.  We had our marriage seriously tested and we hadn't been married for a month yet!  We have been to hell and back together and survived the trip.  A little banged up but we are still standing.  I have been so blessed with my self proclaimed a-hole.  He continues to provide for our family and me.  He gets up every weekday to go to work, so I can continue to be a CLO(chief life officer) sounds sooooo much better then homemaker, wouldn't that make me a carpenter?! He puts up with my food, lack of fabric softener in his clothes, and my super corny sense of humor.  I put up with his attitude, video games, and his warped sense of humor.  Together we make a pretty good match.  We communicate, that is the most important thing we have. We also went into this relationship with the knowledge that we could not change each other(well Ididn't say waistlines) but we needed to change together to grow together(again I didn't say waistline).  We have maintianed our individual selfs, but have also melded into what I think is a pretty amazing couple(toot,toot, my own horn).  We have been blessed with 3 amazing children here on earth and 1 amazing angel upstairs.

Yup, im corny like my Mom!
Linnea 2002
 
Yup, I got my Dad's voice, Roar!
Ulrik 2004
Yup, I got Mom's cuddly nature, but Dad's firey red hair and attitude to match, the best of both worlds!
Annika 2009
Holy Moly this kid is crazy!!!
Ulrik and Linnea 2004

All our children together!
September 2008


 All these things wouldnt have ever come to fruition if he hadnt stayed late one night at work and offered up his pager number(dates us a bit) and I hadn't thrown caution to the wind and paged him a couple days later. Im forever grateful for whatever spirit picked up my hand and led it to the phone.  Thank you Thomas for a amazing 14 years, I'm looking forward to the next 14 and many more after that.  I love you!




Woo hoo 14 years!!!!


 














Our song. Louis Armstrong, What a wonderful world

No comments:

Post a Comment