Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another one bites the dust...

One of my favorite songs by Queen.  The bass line alone is a hint to what song is coming on.  Just like Hearts "Baracuda"  another all time awesome song.  I waas finally able to turn my ipod on today and listen to it.  This was the first song that came on.  Totally fitting for the day, week, month....
After feeling like my head was in a vise and someone was constantly tinging a triangel in my ears for the last week, my head finally feels like my own again.  The triangle stopped playing for a few hours and gave me some relief.  I went to the doctor on Monday when I was in pain and I felt like I was in a fog.  I was the lucky recipient of a sinus infection anddouble ear infection.  When I get sick I go all out and do it right.  I think its getting to be time to go take some more tylenol and ibuprofen because the ringing is starting again.  But so far today I have accomplished wonderful things.  2 loads of laundry, 6 drainers full of dishes, breakfast for 3, and for the afternoon 4 teddy bears to stuff, 12 jars of salsa to fill, 3 cookie jars to make, and lots of paperwork.  It is the annual Infants Remembered In Silence Pancake breakfast, silent auction, and bake sale.  So  I have been BUSY!! to say the least.  But I only was down for one day when i could not handle life this week.  Between my Mom and I we have cut, sewn and stuffed 18 bears as of this time.  They are named secret bears as they have no eyes to stare you down, no mouth to spill the beans, just 2 fluffy ears that will hold anything you tell them.  They are also squishy soft and cuddly.  We have estimated that in the past 5 years we have made at least 150 of them.  Typicaly they are for the silent auction and quite a wanted item, but i've also given them as gifts to a few lucky people.  Everyone needs something to tell their secrets to, to tell them about their pain, guilt, happiness, and sometimes to cry with.
Last years teddy bear collection.
Time to be done, my ears are ringing so badly right now, Ulrik is home sick and Annika is his enemy today.  Trying twos are almost done, what do they say about 3's?????

No comments:

Post a Comment