Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What a crazy couple weeks!

Ok, so I created this blog to help keep family and friends in the loop since my time gets CRAZY and away from me somedays.  As you can see it has gotten the best of me again.  It has been a couple weeks since I've even touched the computer other then to clean off the desk. 
Well to start big news, Linnea turned 11 on the 25th.  We celebrated that day with a cake that i painstakingly decorated, and a couple presents.  She received a beautiful new sweater from Grandma and 2 new shirts from the rest of us.  I thought it looked pretty easy to decorate a cake.  I was wrong.  After 2 plus hours it was finished.  Towards the end I was cruising along, the learning the technique was the killer.  My hands hurt for hours, thank goodness for the nice warm dish water and the sink full of dishes to help ease my discomfort.  Yes, I was thankful to do dishes (never thought i would hear myself say that!)  I was thinking WOW maybe I could make a little business out of decorating cakes.  Well I'm not so sure I have the time to devote myself to mastering the techniques and resisting all the frosting.  Annika kept herself busy coming back for a squirt of frosting when she needed to check up on me.
On Saturday we convened on the bowling alley for a couple hours of fun, family, pizza and of course CAKE!  Linnea had her best friend Sydni join us along with her cousins Donna, Natalie, Matthew, and her siblings.  Grandma even came with to watch the balls being FLUNG down the lanes.  Annika and Aunt Tina had a blast bowling together.  Annika was sooo cute when she would cheer for herself even before the ball had made it halfway down the lane.  We had a good time trying to get her ball back down the lane after not enough OOMPF was used to get it to the pins.  A few strikes were had and a really good time was enjoyed.  Ulrik said he wasnt leaving without a strike and by some miracle he threw the ball just right and knocked 'em all down.  It was a miracle to say the least.  I'm not sure how many dents were left in the lane after the kids got done but I hope they don't use it for tournaments.  We enjoyed the arguments over who got the corner pieces of cake as everyone is a frosting fiend.  I guess I turned around to late to see the cake eating contest between Donna and Sydni.  I was informed of what had happened when I asked why they had frosting on their faces and cake up their nose.  Laughter was all i needed to hear to know what had happened. 
We are gearing up for the IRIS pancake breakfast, bake sale, and silent auction in 2 weeks.  I have been busy cutting out and stuffing teddy bears.  I am up to my armpits in bear carcases and fluff. The reward is the parents who end up bidding on an item just to get a special teddy bear for their child.  Linnea and Ulrik are gearing up for an afternoon of BINGO!  Last year Linnea won $50 and donated it back to IRIS through  the silent auction.  They are both hoping for a payout again this year.  They also are looking forward to some fun. Thomas will be Captain Pancake again this year as he manages the kitchen.  He is so good at his job they keep asking him back.  I'm not sure what role I will play this year as Annika is sooooo busy.  We will see what happens.
Today as the last week I am dealing with someone sick.  Today Annika and Ulrik have finally broke free of their fevers.  Linnea started hers last night.  I have been fighting one off since Saturday, but Moms don't have time to be sick.  Besides the hacking cough and the party favor sneezes Ulrik and Annika are headed back in the right direction.  Ulrik will definitely be able handle a day at school tomorrow. Linnea will probably hang out for the day again tomorrow.  I hope she is healthy by Thursday so she can go earn her "old folks" badge with the girl scouts as they go crafting with the elderly at the assisted living residence in Lonsdale.  Then Friday her troop is going to the Mall of America for a evening of fun.  Saturday we are supposed to go spend some time with Tina, Dirge (George), Bram and Caitlin and celebrate everyones birthday from January and February.  I hope everyone is healthy.  Saturday is also the first day to sell Girl Scout cookies.  It will be interesting this year because they are trying door to door sales with being able to get cookies on the spot.  I hope it goes well and they all reach their goals. 



Kids are fighting, my ears are ringing and I think my head could explode today.  I hope everyone has had a good couple weeks and is staying healthy.

1 comment:

  1. no fair!! i was in the woods all day and you guys had all the fun! ahaha

    ReplyDelete