Thursday, December 23, 2010

Another day closer....

Well time is flying now.  All the last minute things are creeping up.  The baking, wrapping, and oh yeah christmas cards. 

My cards aren't done.  I don't even have them finished, signed or the envelopes addressed.  I figure Sunday while the kids are busy playing with the wonderful things Santa brought them I will spend the afternoon finishing them and be a late person and send them on Monday.  With all the snow I just picked up stamps.

Today my two oldest nieces are over.  We had to work on Grandmas christmas present.  Now I need to finish the present.  I made quilt blocks with each kids hand prints on them.  I am then embroidering a heart around them and stitching their names on also.  Ambitious last minute project.  I hope I don't bleed on the fabric to much from the repeat stabbing of the needle.  I am wonderful with scrapbooks, picture collages, paint and many other wonderful artsy type stuff.  This is very ambitious as I never finished the cross stitch my Grandma gave me when I was ten.  I still have plastic canvas projects that have sat at varying stages of finished for oh... about 10 years.  Usually I am not allowed to touch the sewing machine as I can not "sew my way out of a paper bag"  as it has so kindly been put to me.  I have a terrrible vertical imbalance that doesn't allow me to make straight lines.  I magically cut the fabric, mostly straight, and sewed the squares together with a mostly straight line and a quarter inch seam allowance.  I am sooooo proud of myself.

Now the kids are decorating the enourmous amount of sugar cookies that were made.  I still need to surprise Mom and make some almond bark.  Pretty easy request, just another thing on the list.  Why is it sometimes the holidays feel more like a chore then a celebration. 

Tonight we shall feast on beef stew.  A real meal after a busy week.  I LOVE my crockpot.  Maybe thats why in the 11 years we have been married I have burned through 3 of them.   I will succeed and get Grandmas present done.  It will be a wonderful surprise.  Now I will listen to the sounds of the kids playing dolls, monopoly and the Wii. 

Another day to be thankful for.
A laugh for the day.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5VuN4P7897k

No comments:

Post a Comment