Monday, December 20, 2010

Who let the kids in!?

Another half day of school has graced us.  As of right now we already have almost 6 inches of snow on the deck.  Toby is discouraged as he has finally burrowed his way from one end of the yard to the other.  A task that took him all weekend. 

Our weekend was pretty good.  We went to Aunt Tinas house and hung out with Uncle George(Dirge to Anni) and cousins Bram and Caitlin.  Toby had his first playdate of many with Lilly and Rowan.  He dragged himself to the car when it was time to go home he was worn out.  Ulrik couldnt get home fast enough to play with his Harry Potter legos and Linnea wore her clothes home.  Annika has put down her new doll Sandie long enough to get dressed and eat.  I made Caitlin and Bram fleece tie blankets.  I know for sure Bram loved his as when we left he was curled up in it sound asleep on the couch. 

I made a mistake on Sunday that almost cost me all of my sanity.  I had to go grocery shopping and finish some last minute christmas shopping.  I took all 3 kids with.  Usually not a problem but Annika has been in a funky mood for the last few days(hence the reason I had to wait till the weekend to go out).  The ride home took 45 minutes instead of the 20 minutes because we had to stop twice to try to calm down Annika.  So far thankfully today her mood has been pretty good.

Today had no big plans other then to try to wrap presents that Santa has left here over the past few weeks.  Catie(my sister) called to say she was sick and I would have no Piper to care for.  Wow I should be ahead of the game, right? No it has taken me 6 hours to bake 3 dozen cookies, I have one present wrapped, and Annika has essentially erased everything on my IPod. My printer ran out of ink so no finishing the christmas letter.  Oh well. I think Christmas cards are going out after christmas this year.  I did get the clothes rods hung up by the back door for snow clothes.

Now comes the wait for Thomas and Mom to get home.  Thomas is already 45 minutes late.  He wishes he had taken the truck to work.  Im wondering if there will be school tomorrow.  I need to start dinner.  Usually that would be done, but is it worth planning anything when everyone is gonna be home late.  Im thinking tacos in a bowl, the kids can have chicken nuggets.

Have a good evening everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment